Name of establishment: Royal Mail Hotel
URL of establishment: www.royalmail.com.au
Job location: Australia
Job title: Assistant Restaurant Manager/Sommelier f/m
Years of experience in the same position: ideally two
Education: WSET Level 1
• Love wine? Check.
• Passionate about paddock to plate philosophy? Check.
• Excited about providing exceptional customer service? So are we.
The Royal Mail Hotel is an award winning Hotel featuring two newly opened restaurants, “Parker Street Project” and the “Wickens at the Royal Mail Hotel” located in the beautiful southern Grampians town of Dunkeld.
Love wine? Check. We have an award multi winning cellar with some 28,000 bottles.
Passionate about paddock to plate philosophy? Check. We have a 1.2 hectare kitchen garden delivering fresh produce daily to the kitchen and our own farms provide our meat.
Passionate about providing exceptional
customer service? So are we and we have a team that offer friendly and generous service to every guest.
About the Role
The Assistant Restaurant Manager / Sommelier is a dual and multifaceted position. You will be required to assist the Restaurant Manager in managing the day-to-day operations of the restaurant, increasing wine sales and raising the profile of the restaurants wine list.
• Welcomes guests in our authentic, generous and relaxed manner
• Takes guests on a food and beverage journey
• Enjoys providing polished service that guests will remember
• Demonstrates passion for food, wine and celebrating local produce
• Attention to detail and highly organised
• Exceptional customer service skills; a true hospitality professional or looking for a career in this great industry
• A sincere interest in the world of food and wine
• A desire to consistently perform at the highest level
• Enjoys the energy generated from working as part of a vibrant team
• Current RSA, or willingness to acquire
What We Offer
• Values driven culture & welcoming team
• Formal wine training and certification opportunities
• Generous Staff Discounts across the property
• Exposure to using our kitchen garden and award winning cellar
• Ongoing career progression opportunities
• Complimentary dinner during shifts
If you are interested in the role, we would love to hear from you.
Phone 03 5577 2644 for a confidential chat or to apply, submit a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com.
Contract type: Full time – Weekends and evening work will be required
Sommeliers in the operation team: 1 Sommeliers
Work permit: Need work visa – open to sponsoring the right candidate
Languages required: English
Wine list: more than 250 bins
Cuisine type: Fine dining
To whom does this position report to:Restaurant Manager and General Manager
Contact details: Kasia W. at click
Zeitgeist Sommelier – Sommelier jobs & more www.sommeliers.at